I often get asked about the best hotels for a romantic getaway here in Switzerland, and by now guys I can honestly tell you that Beau Rivage holds the crown. We spent two nights there on our trip to Geneva through Geneva Tourism and loved every minute of our little holiday.
The hotel is one of the most iconic spots in Geneva. It was built in 1865 in the heart of the city and offers rooms with the best views over the lake, Jet d’Eau and the Alps. In this beautiful historic building you find 72 rooms and 23 suites, a few restaurants (Geneva’s most renowned), a bar, fitness center and La Suite de Beauté, where guests can immerse themselves into a world of beauty and self-care.
We stayed at the Saint-Exupery Lake View Loft Suite located on the 5th and 6th floor of the hotel. Downstairs we had a spacious and bright living room overlooking the bay, a dining room, small bureau corner and a toilet.
Upstairs there were the bedroom with the bathroom that I called the “Relaxing zone” as the bathoom included a jacuzzi bath and a Hammam. My personal favourite thing about our bedroom was the window above the bed, so once we turned off the light we could fall asleep gazing at the stars. So simple and so romantic. What I also loved is that the suite was equipped with modern amenities, like TV systems, Nespresso coffee machine etc., but it was kept well in balance with its historical soul and decoration.
They now have many special offers, like free upgrade or saving up to 40% on longer stays and you can find them here.
The things I liked:
The hotel is family friendly – we informed the hotel in advance that we’re coming with our baby and they prepared the baby cot and a set of baby care cosmetics. If needed, you can also get connected rooms once your kids are older.
And it’s also dog friendly – Maya got her own bed + bowls and really enjoyed her royal-style stay (preffered our bed of course!).
The hotel staff – the service with genuine warmth and charm was always at our disposal and made our time even more memorable and special.
It’s safe – the hotel takes all the Covid-19 measures seriously. We had to wear masks in the shared spaces, the breakfast was served at our room and we were also informed, that all the rooms are free for minimum 48 hours before arrival of the next guests.
And while staying in Geneva, here’s my list of to do things in the city.
1. Go on a tour – we decided to see the city in the sweetest way possible – with the Local Flavours Tours – we got to see the city’s highlights, learned about Geneva’s history and tried chocolate from the most iconic (and most tasty) spots. Highly recommended! More info HERE.
2. Visit Carouge – this Geneva’s district, modeled after Nice in a mediterranean style, is just a tram ride away from the city center. It’s unique and completely different from the other parts of the city. It feels like “small Italy”, but located in the French-speaking part of Switzerland. There are many nice boutiques, cool cafes and restaurants and I think it’s definitely worth a visit when in Geneva.
3. Treat yourself – Geneva is called the culinary paradise of Switzerland and has some of the nicest restaurants in the country. Here are some spots we visited and loved:
– Boreal for coffee;
– Aux merveilleux de Fred for something sweet;
– Cottage Cafe – we had a nice relaxed lunch there and I loved the food;
– Restaurant du Parc des Bastions – perfect for Sunday brunch
– Le 9 – for relaxed light dinner or outdoor apero.
4. Lake time! – Jogging along, a boat trip, crossing with a ferry, swimming, Stand up Paddling etc – so many possibilities! I hope next time we get to swim as it’s been on my list.
5. Just enjoy your room at Beau Rivage – I wish we could have stayed longer to simply relax at the Hammam and jacuzzi, watch old movies and sip wine on the bed and wake up to the sunrise over the Alps every morning- but it was time to go home. Hopefully, we’ll stay longer next time!
This post is a result of a paid collaboration with Geneva Tourism, but all opinions are authentically my own.